2. We are preparing for a day of silence tomorrow. In observance of the atrocities our Japanise brethren are facing, we'll be joining our fellow bloggers in a day of complete radio silence tomorrow. With all the time we're going to save not blogging, we thought we'd invite all our friends and readers over to the bungalow to craft for a cause. Starting at 10:00 Friday morning and ending 6:00pm Friday eve, Max and I will be crafting our little fingers to the bone. We'll be making hilarious goodies to sell in our Etsy store, the Electric Elmo Curiosity Shoppe, with any and all proceeds to be donated to Shelterbox, an amazing organization that is doing incredible things to help victims of this disaster this very second. It's totes legit. Max checked them out. (see the for Japan with love link in sidebar for more info)
Things you can do to help us:
- Come over here and get crafting on Friday. Just do it.
- Bring over stuff you've already made that you'd like to donate (should it not sell, I will return it to you)
- Send over any craft makin' goodies you can spare for the crafters
- Drop by a snack or beverage for us to feed the weary crafters
- Come play with toddlers so that their mommas can get crafty
- Come take awesome photos of the crafts for me to post on the site (RianCandiceSuzI'mLookin'AtYOU)
- Shout encouraging phrases while others craft
- Send supportive emails for me to show the crafters
- Not close enough to be here? Have your own craft off with your friends and tell me about it.
- If you crochet, my awesome friend Chanda has an amazing project for you over at Neko Knits