3.21.2011

Fantasy Shopping: Dirty Dancing Edition


So, last night I recalled my adolescence when Mr. Newsfeed and I watched Dirty Dancing on Netflix on demand. For those of you who didn't watch this movie at every childhood sleepover haven't seen it, it's the coming of age story of a girl who goes to stay at a summer retreat with her family, meets a dreamy dance instructor, and learns that there's more to life than the foxtrot.

(click any image to enlarge and then the "back" arrow on your browser to return to me)
all screenshots are from leavemethewhite.com


"I carried a watermelon."
(click "read more" to see more stills and see the fantasy shopping that ensued)




"Nobody puts Baby in a corner."

In order to live out this 1960's summer camp in what I call my very rich fantasy life, I'm going to need the following items:


A Pair of amazing dancing shoes (these are Lavin via Barneys.com)


A perfect but demure frock with which to capture the attentions of the dreamy dance instructor. (This one is by David Szeto via)


A flouncy, dainty number that will spin when I spin. This one comes in pink, kids. Yup. It's by Rochas via.


Okay, so this Kate Spade bag isn't 100% necessary to the whole illusion, but I want it because it will likely make spring come a little faster because of it's pinkness.

Goodness help me, I never wanted a single Ked while Marissa from the "O.C." was hocking them, but I want them after watching this movie. The whiter, the better. find them here.

Watch the movie.
Break out the Ked's if you've got 'em.
Do a mean dance along to "I've Had the Time of My Life."
Leave me a comment letting me know what movie reminds you of your childhood.




4 comments:

Jess said...

I was always confused as to why a movie set in the 80s — right? I've only seen it once — would have costumes from the 50s, but then I realized that 80s fashion was just 50s fashion re-imagined. I should probably just see the movie again, ha!

nekoknits said...

the movie "Legend" and "The Neverending Story" are so ingrained in my mind as childhood movies. I was SO in love with those beautiful dresses the lovely maidens wore. I want an excuse to wear one someday...and lets not get started about the jewellery! What can I say I love all that sparkles

Candice K. Palmer said...

Goodness that Rochas dress is brilliant! I loved old movies when I was living in the 80's. Find me some dresses from an old Audrey Hepburn movie & I'll be happy.

nekoknits said...

Ohhh I heard "I've Had the Time of My Life" blaring out at this Carnival we had at school yesterday. I was the only one but I jumped up and started dancing and singing...must be my age showing that I actually remember where the song came from

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...