3.01.2011

I cut my own blog bangs.

So, last night was a crazy night. You know what I'm talking about: the kind of crazy night when you can't sleep, your mind is racing, the whole house is asleep, and you are alone with your thoughts. The kinds of thoughts that make you want to re-purpose several rooms in your house. Paint stuff. Make stuff into other stuff. These kinds of late night manic thoughts make you want to create a new delicious, but healthy pastry that no one has ever seen before. And most dangerous of all, the kinds of thoughts that make you feel like you can cut your own bangs. All logic and reasoning tells you that this has never once worked out for you in your life. But your crazy thoughts say, this time, I can do it.
Bangs by the greatest hair dresser I've ever had

Bangs I cut myself later that same year. Oh yeah, I think that color was my late night handy work, too.
Bang trims are FREE.99 at your stylist, people.
Friends don't let friends cut their own bangs. 
I looked like I had a bowl cut. 

Luckily I didn't get there. These crazy nights are safer when you have a sleeping baby. Then you, deep down, know better than to make a sound over four decibels for fear of your crazy night becoming a crazy, fretful night What I did do was go crazy on my blog layout. I got it in my head that I could make a blog banner with Photoshop. People, I can no more work Photoshop than I can fly a Black Hawk helicopter. Usually, my awesome friend takes pity on my lack of skills and makes fantastical banners for me. She's Tabatha Coffey and I'm the dork cutting my own bangs (technologically speaking.)

I also got it in my head (around 3am) that my side bar was too cluttered and tidied everything away into the little page buttons. Now, there are just non-fancy buttons on one side of the Newsfeed, and things are all very tidy and well kept... but I'm not sure that I haven't stripped my blog of it's personality. I don't even have cool buttons because I have no clue how to start down that road.  Also, I don't know how to link the buttons (html -wise) directly to the thing someone might be seeking, so one has to click twice to follow the Newsfeed in other mediums or check out my awesome blog roll.



I need your advice. Better before? Better now? Give it to me straight.

8 comments:

christina said...

It is indeed very tidy. I like that part, but, i think i agree about the loss of personality. Can you turn images, or things like that into links? I know nothing about blogging!

christina said...

By the way... I think your new banner is super cute!

Suzanne said...

I actually love it. I am all for the clean look though, and your banner is amazing. Makes me wish I wasn't napping on Sunday, I love me some good kite flying.

Meredith said...

Love it. Your new header is adorb too. I have nights like that all.the.time. as well. I hate lying there awake, it's the worst!

mrselmo said...

Whoa! I bet with your mad crafting skills, these nights are crazy entertaining at your house!

mrselmo said...

Oh, there will be more kite flying. Do not fret.

mrselmo said...

thank-ee. This foxy librarian I know gave me photoshop. Best present. EVER.

mrselmo said...

You CAN do that thing. I want pale purple buttons with a hipster font. I have no idea how to achieve this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...